Day 3 of healthy Easter ideas – adorable stuffed egg chicks! They are Gluten Free and high in protein. You should enjoy these for breakfast on the long Easter weekend to keep you reaching from a chocolate egg!
Follow the recipe below from Taste.com for a basic Devilled Eggs recipe. Then simply add currants for eyes and a piece of carrot for the nose. These won’t last long before they are eaten!
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1 tablespoon whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Using a teaspoon, scoop yolks into a bowl. Using a fork, lightly mash.
- Add mayonnaise, chives and mustard. Stir to combine.
- Spoon 1 heaped teaspoon of yolk mixture into each egg half. Serve.