Are you struggling to think of nut free lunch box ideas?
The start of the school year can bring excitement (at the kids going back), and also groans as the realisation of making school lunches 5 days a week sets in.
If there are school allergy policies to adhere to, this can be an added stress, although no where near as stressful as having a child with food allergies. I commend any parent that is in that position! I consider myself lucky that my children (so far) don’t have any food allergies, despite my husband having a couple of allergies.
Are you stuck for ideas for an allergy friendly lunch box? Here are some appropriate nut free snack options.
Top 5 Nut Free Lunch Box Ideas
Cacao and coconut bliss balls
- These delightful little snacks are also vegan and are perfect for little hands to help you roll them.
- If you can’t be bothered rolling them (like me sometimes), just press the base into a lamington tin and refrigerate, then cut into squares.
Flax, carrot & apple Muffins
- These tasty muffins are nice and filling thanks to the addition of flax seeds
- Bonus in that you can freeze them if you are batch cooking ahead of time
- Easy to cook, can be made dairy free by swapping cow’s milk for plant-based milk
- Suitable for freezing when wrapped individually
Spelt, sultana & oat slice
- A lovely soft option for little mouths
- Quick and easy to eat to maximise play time
Nut free Weet Bix slice
- A family favourite, can be made gluten free by swapping to gluten free weet bix and oats for quinoa flakes
- Could also add dried apricots or cranberries for more flavour
This post was written by Madeleine Baumgart and first appeared on That Healthy Girl blog on Sunday 12th January, 2020 https://flipsidenutrition.com.au/5-nut-free-lunch-box-snacks/